Author Topic: Please read this important message to access the main GASP Forums  (Read 142143 times)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Welcome to GASP, and thanks for your interest in our gaming club.

We implemented a procedure to try and cut down on the amount of SPAM and bogus account registrations that the forum gets (we were getting about 6000 bogus accounts a month!).  This involves restricting new member registration to the boards, only allowing the admin to register new members.

In order to become a full-fledged poster, please follow the instructions below.

1. Please send me an e-mail with the following information
   a. Your preferred forum name, so I can create your account.
   b. Say something about GASP, the city we are in, and the place where we game.  Feel free to copy the text at the bottom of this post.
2. You can e-mail me at info[at]gaspgamer[dot]com.
3. I'll create your account (don't forget to include your preferred forum name in the e-mail), and you will receive an activation e-mail.
4. Once you activate the account, this forum will disappear, and you will gain access to the "real" GASP forums.
5. After your account is activated, please make a post as soon as possible.  Any accounts with zero posts and that are over 30 days old are deleted on a rolling basis.

Sorry for the extra steps, but it is needed to keep the SPAM to a minimum.

Example wording

Please create me a GASP forum account under forum name XXXXX.  GASP meets once per month in Pittsburgh, PA for 12 hours of gaming.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:15:43 PM by Da King »
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------