Author Topic: May 10th Games Day  (Read 3444 times)

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
May 10th Games Day
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:31:04 PM »
Alright folks, who's going to be at Games Day this weekend? It's on May 10th. I know some of us have gotten some recent kickstarter deliveries as well as some brand new X-Wing gear.

I will likely be there for a portion of the day and my big focus will be wanting to play Myth.

I'd also be interested in (in order of interest):
- Mercs
- Firestorm Armada
- X-Wing

So who's in for this weekend?
"They don't like it when you shoot at them. I figured that out myself" - Sgt Mal Reynolds

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk" - Tuco

I'm in the blog-o-sphere! Check me out at dropshipinbound.blogspot.com

patton4014

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Protector
Re: May 10th Games Day
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »
I am out.  Going to a wedding. ???
Flash Gordon: Biro's hit! I'm going in after him!
Prince Vultan: Grrrr! Impetuous boy!
Prince Vultan: Ah, well; who wants to live forever? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Prince Vultan: [to the Hawkmen] DIVE!

Kodiak

• Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »
I'm iffy at this point and it will depend on the weather. I'm working on putting in a patio out behind my house, so I'll be busy with that if the rain ends up holding off.

Rinehart

• Regular
  • Vassal
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:40:05 AM »

I should be there with Xwing.  Looking to try the transport in an Epic scale game...

Morg

• Knight
  • Peasant
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:55:10 PM »
I'd like to try some Star Trek Attack Wing this Saturday. Anybody up for that?

Rinehart

• Regular
  • Vassal
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »

Never played Attack Wing, but I'd give it shot if you have enough pieces to field both sides.  I don't have anything.

patton4014

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
If you get an epic game in, give us a report on how it plays.

Morg

• Knight
  • Peasant
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »

Never played Attack Wing, but I'd give it shot if you have enough pieces to field both sides.  I don't have anything.

I certainly do!

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
I'll be there, not sure what I'll bring.  I want to try out my new Megamats, so maybe I'll pull together some LotR or Anima Tactics (or both).  I'd love to play some MERCS, but I'm still using proxies.

I'll be busy the first few hours shuttling people back and forth from the parking lot, but should have some time after noon to get a few games in.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

Rinehart

• Regular
  • Vassal
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
If you get an epic game in, give us a report on how it plays.

We didn't get a full Epic game in, but Chuck and I played a 150v150 game.  I took my transport with Torryn Farr, she strips all tokens from an enemy ship to R2, 2XS, 1B, and an Awing.  Chuck took his transport with slicer tools, they can do one damage to an enemy ship to R2, if it is stressed, 2As, 1Y with ion and Roark HWK.

Fun friendly game, just to see how the transports play.  They are the ultimate support ship.  I used mine to give out free actions all the time.  I was able to ram and destroy his HWK with mine.  Chuck used his slicer tools very well.  He would use the transports stock Jam action to double stress one of my ships, and then on the next turn if I was still at R2, slicer tools that same ship for a damage.  That play took my Xwing completely out of the match for 4+ turns.  After the double stress I had to do 4white straights to get away from his slicer tools, and then do 2 green moves to clear all the stress.

It came down to both transports, his Tycho Awing and my Tarn and Garven Xwings.  I got a good kill shot on Tycho, and we called it.  But, I think if we had played it out  he would have slicer tooled me to death and used his repair droid and recover action to keep his transport alive.  I think it had a high chance of playing to a draw.

The transport moves just fine.  It's big and cumbersome, but totally workable on a 3x3 space.  We had 2 in a 3x3 space and didn't have any trouble moving them around.  150 points didn't seem crowded in 3x3, but 300 points will want 6x3.

I will note that once my ships dispersed around the board, especially after that Xwing ran away to clear stress, my transport really didn't do anything else.  I couldn't give out actions, my ships were too far away.  The only thing I was able to do with it was to strip tokens off his Tycho.  But I only did that a few times, and it was clutch when I did it.  I couldn't jam and stress Tycho, what would be the point of that.  The transport needs ships around it, or it becomes wasted points. 

Neither of our transports took much damage.  The shields I list were recovered with its recover action.  Chuck took a little more damage, 2 cards against his hull, but recovered his shields too and could have fixed those cards at any time with the repair droid.  The moral of the story is, you have to decide to kill it, and have a lit of focused fire on it.  If you do a little damage here and there, it will fix itself and undo everything you did to it.  To be fair, neither one of us made an effort to kill the others transport.

Long enough

patton4014

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
Sounds like it was a good first test.  I can't wait to try mine out.

Chuck Sherrange

• Regular
  • Citizen
  • Knight of the Sail
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 06:51:54 AM »
Loved playing the X wing transport on transport fight.  It worked out pretty sweet.  I don't think I could've won after Tycho bought the farm, but it was really fun.  I'm always up for an X-Wing game.
Gamer.  Generally nice guy...
Captain of sea, space, and sky.