Author Topic: 2014 FFG Store Championship events  (Read 4652 times)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
2014 FFG Store Championship events
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
Just an FYI, I applied for GASP to host the following Store Championship events in early 2014

X-Wing
Netrunner
Game of Thrones LCG
Star Wars LCG

I'll update this post once I hear back if we were accepted or not.
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy

patton4014

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Protector
Re: 2014 FFG Store Championship events
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Cool!!  Thanks for doing this Don.
Flash Gordon: Biro's hit! I'm going in after him!
Prince Vultan: Grrrr! Impetuous boy!
Prince Vultan: Ah, well; who wants to live forever? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Prince Vultan: [to the Hawkmen] DIVE!

corkysru

• Sir Panda, Knight of the Bamboo Grove
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
YAY!!!
Game of thrones and netrunner!!

corkysru

• Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
When will you hear back about the applications for these? And please tell me AGOT and Netrunner will be different days. :)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
When will you hear back about the applications for these? And please tell me AGOT and Netrunner will be different days. :)

No idea on either.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »
Good news

Greetings!

We have been busy pouring over the multitude of Store Championship applications we received last month.  I am happy to inform you that you have been accepted and approved for every Store Championship kit you requested!  You can begin to plan for your events - these events must occur during either February or March, but may be scheduled at your discretion during these months.

I will be contacting you in early January to finalize the invoice for these kits.  We are currently planning to send out these kits during the week of January 20th so they can arrive by the end of the month.

Lastly, I will be out of the office until the 27th for the holidays.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me - I will respond when I return.

Happy Holidays!

Mark Larson
Fantasy Flight Games, Inc.

It's going to be busy months in February and March.

Since we only have 2 months to run these, I'm think X-Wing and Netrunner in February, then StarWars and AGoT LCGs in March.  The only other option would be to rent the hall additional days, which adds a lot of cost, but may be an option.  I'll begin looking into it.

Start spreading the word atleast that we are an approved venue and these 4 events are happening.

Don

corkysru

• Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
Good news

Greetings!

We have been busy pouring over the multitude of Store Championship applications we received last month.  I am happy to inform you that you have been accepted and approved for every Store Championship kit you requested!  You can begin to plan for your events - these events must occur during either February or March, but may be scheduled at your discretion during these months.

I will be contacting you in early January to finalize the invoice for these kits.  We are currently planning to send out these kits during the week of January 20th so they can arrive by the end of the month.

Lastly, I will be out of the office until the 27th for the holidays.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me - I will respond when I return.

Happy Holidays!

Mark Larson
Fantasy Flight Games, Inc.

It's going to be busy months in February and March.

Since we only have 2 months to run these, I'm think X-Wing and Netrunner in February, then StarWars and AGoT LCGs in March.  The only other option would be to rent the hall additional days, which adds a lot of cost, but may be an option.  I'll begin looking into it.

Start spreading the word atleast that we are an approved venue and these 4 events are happening.

Don
So excited for netrunner and AGOT!!!!

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »
We've finalized the dates, here you go.

• Star Wars LCG & A Game of Thrones LCG - February 8th (regular Games Day)
  • X-Wing - March 8th (regular Games Day)
  • Netrunner - March 22nd (additional Games Day)

We checked with the HFM, and the rental hall is available on 3/22, so we booked it.  We will also use this date as an additional Games Day for 2014.  Standard fees apply ($5), with the exception that all Knights get in free, we'll use this as a bonus Knight Day.  Also, anyone that paid for a non-Knight yearly plan, say a family plan, will also get in for free.

For the Store Championships, there will be a fee to participate in these events, in the $5-$10 range each, regardless of Knighthood or other GASP payment status.

In the next couple weeks we'll be creating some flyers for each event, and would appreciate any help distributing them to local stores.  I'm also checking with FFG to see where else these are being run (if anywhere) in our region.

I'll be updating the calendar, along with our Meetup and BGG sites.  I'll also create a standard blurb for anyone that wants to post of other gaming forums.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
I created 4 new Meetups for these events, and we will use the GASP Meetup site to control sign-ups for all these events.

Since space is limited to 32 players, we are requiring a $5 payment to RSVP.  This will guarantee your spot in each event you RSVP for, and refunds will only be given if the event is cancelled or moved.  When we ran the X-Wing regionals this past May, we had quite a few people take a spot but not show for the event, which prevented others from attending.  This pre-payment is to help prevent that from happening.  We are spreading the net wider on these 4 events, so we anticipate that the 32 spots will go rather quickly.

Please visit http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/ to register for these events.

Thanks,

corkysru

• Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
Did you get to choose if the format was joust or Melee or are all regionals of this type joust?

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
We dropped the price to $5 for each of these events, as the kits were not as expensive as the Regionals last year.  The $5 is still due at sign-up to hold your spot.

Spread the word.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »
So far attendance is very low for these events, especially the first two on Feb 8th (Star Wars & AGoT LCGs).  We created a poster to advertise these events, so if you want to print some and drop them off at local events and stores, please download and print from this link.  I already hit Games Unlimited, and will stop at Phantom.  We need Legions, Game Masters, Mr. Nice Guys, and anywhere else you can think, especially at any gatherings for these games.  I know there is a Pittsburgh Netrunner Facebook group that meets all over the area, so dropping off some flyers at these events may help boost our numbers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35559649/FFG-Store-Championships-Flyer.pdf

Also, when advertising the events on other websites or groups (like Facebook, Google+ or BoardGameGeek), use our Meetup group page as the direction link, so that people can go directly there to sign-up.  You can also link directly to the specific event page on our Meetup page.

http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/
Star Wars LCG
http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/events/157688412/
A Game of Thrones LCG
http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/events/157687882/
X-Wing Miniatures
http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/events/157692552/
Netrunner LCG
http://www.meetup.com/GASP_gamers/events/157692982/

In order for us to get the chance to host more of these in the future, we need decent turn-outs.  They just put up the applications for the Regionals, and at this point based on the Store Championship sign-ups, we're most likely only going to apply for the X-Wing regionals.

For our X-Wing players, please don't wait till the last minute to sign-up for the Store Championship.  I'd like to gather additional prizes for these events, but without knowing our numbers, I'm not going to spend the extra money.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:45:26 PM by Da King »

Chuck the Castle Merchant

• Charles Phillips, Curmudgeon Apprentice
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »
February 8th.
My life project:  http://gestaltgenesis-daymillion.net/

My mother said to only say nice things about the dead.  He is dead.  That's nice.

“Posting on GASP Forums is something like talking with an echo.  You don’t get any argument, but you don’t get any results either.” – Robert Heinlein.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:40 AM »
The Store Championship prize kits arrived yesterday, just in time!  They are pretty sweet.