Author Topic: Origins -- June 22-26, 2011 -- Columbus, Ohio  (Read 2033 times)

James Viel

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
  • Jim
Origins -- June 22-26, 2011 -- Columbus, Ohio
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
Origins Game Fair
June 22-26, 2011
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio, 43215, USA

http://www.originsgamefair.com

jlukac

• Knight Provost
  • Knight
  • Citizen
  • Yeah, but who's watching the Watchers?
Re: Origins -- June 22-26, 2011 -- Columbus, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
Jim, are you and any of the family attending this year? So far, Randy, Mike Orlando, and myself (Jason) are going together and Stan is thinking about joining us.
To learn, profess, and play games

James Viel

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
  • Jim
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Jim, are you and any of the family attending this year? So far, Randy, Mike Orlando, and myself (Jason) are going together and Stan is thinking about joining us.

Hi Jason,

I wasn't planning on going. I've actually never gone to Origins, but I'm interested to see what it's like. The thing is I'm going to Historicon on July 7-10 (my 20th Historicon). With only two weeks between the two cons, it's a little much, but I may be tempted.

- Jim
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:08:03 PM by James Viel »

jlukac

• Knight Provost
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
Jim, Stan has indicated he cannot go with us and so we still have room for one more person. Randy, Mike Orlando and myself will leave from my house Wednesday night the 22nd and return late Saturday night the 25th. Check it out and let us know.
     The room is about 75.00 per person if four of us go, and the show badge is 60.00 and you might want to add the board room ribbon. You would need about 100.00 for food for the Thursday through Saturday span. Last year the board room sponsor Rio Grande, provided food for every one who had a badge and got in line at lunch and dinner hours at no charge every day of the convention, but no guarantees on that being the case again. Think about it and let us know if you want to go. See you April 9th.     

jlukac

• Knight Provost
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
   Jim, too bad you cannot make the April games day, but nice to hear you are planning to join us for our trip to Origins. We'll work out particulars soon via pm, or face to face in May. I think you will enjoy it. I always like going to the dealer hall and getting to demo some of the newer, or lesser known titles from the various publishers.

Frost

• Regular
  • Vassal
  • Roll initiative, bitch.
    • The Dungeoneering Dad
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
Tomorrow, we ride!

jlukac

• Knight Provost
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
   Had fun Thursday through Saturday, but sadly this may be my last Origins for a couple of years, due to the timing of the event moving from late June to late May and early June for at least two years. I'll have to see as it gets closer, but the event was already missing some of it's buzz, and many big game companies were simply not there, such as Days of Wonder, FFG, GMT, and Queen Games to name a few.
    Also seems as if more companies are pushing back their release dates to more closely coincide with Gencon in August. ZMAN had only fifty copies of Ares Project that they flew in just for Origins. Airlines Europe was there from Rio, but very few copies of Lancaster ( since no Queen games booth), no Troyes (ZMAN), no Mondo, few 7 Wonders Leaders ( officially releases in July) and nothing from FFG unless you got it from a general dealer, and not FFG themselves.

Always like the gaming crowd we see there, and besides myself (Randy, Mike Orlando and Jim Viel were with me as well), I saw Gary, Lori, Jordan, Roy, Dan, Joe Z, and lordjunyon, from GASP to name a few, and it's always nice to play games with those folks. Got to try Strasbourg with Stephen Conway from The Spiel, as well as seeing and talking to Sam Healy and Tom Vasel from The Dice Tower..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:53:21 PM by jlukac »