Author Topic: CHUCK-a-CON Online Game Sales  (Read 3052 times)

Chuck the Castle Merchant

• Charles Phillips, Curmudgeon Apprentice
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
CHUCK-a-CON Online Game Sales
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »
CHUCK-a-CON online game sales is back!  Now with its own domain name, permanent website and secure shopping cart.  Shipping is available by FedEx or USPS, and I will also hand deliver if possible (to save on shipping charges, that is, free delivery)

CHUCK-a-CON game sales is not being run for my personal profit, rather, it is a vehicle to aid in the financial viability of establishing a permanent, annual gaming convention in the downtown Pittsburgh area.  In short, buy from Chuck, support the Con!

I will also be working to improve CHUCK-a-CON's inventory and selection and you may contact me if you wish to sell (or donate) good-condition, gently used or new gaming stuff.

The website is www.chuck-a-con.com.  8)

A special thank you to Ruskie Cowboy for help with the roll over buttons and other technical issues.  Please let me know what you think of the site or if you have any suggestions.

:)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:34:40 AM by ClineCON »
My life project:  http://gestaltgenesis-daymillion.net/

My mother said to only say nice things about the dead.  He is dead.  That's nice.

“Posting on GASP Forums is something like talking with an echo.  You don’t get any argument, but you don’t get any results either.” – Robert Heinlein.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Re: CHUCK-a-CON Online Game Sales
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »
CHUCK-a-CON online game sales is back!  Now with its own domain name, permanent website and secure shopping cart.  Shipping is available by FedEx or USPS, and I will also hand deliver if possible (to save on shipping charges, that is, free delivery)

CHUCK-a-CON game sales is not being run for my personal profit, rather, it is a vehicle to aid in the financial viability of establishing a permanent, annual gaming convention in the downtown Pittsburgh area.  In short, buy from Chuck, support the Con!

I will also be working to improve CHUCK-a-CON's inventory and selection and you may contact me if you wish to sell (or donate) good-condition, gently used or new gaming stuff.

The website is www.chuck-a-con.com.  8)

A special thank you to Ruskie Cowboy for help with the roll over buttons and other technical issues.  Please let me know what you think of the site or if you have any suggestions.

:)

And here I thought GASPcon was a permanent, annual convention in the downtown Pittsburgh area.  Maybe not smack-dap downtown, but you don't need to worry about parking.  ;)

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

assassin of joy

• Press Ganger
  • Regular
  • Protector
  • People with titles are compensating for small.....
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:56:41 AM »

And here I thought GASPcon was a permanent, annual convention in the downtown Pittsburgh area.  Maybe not smack-dap downtown, but you don't need to worry about parking.  ;)

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure the hotel is technically in the city, as in they pay city taxes, get city police all that good stuff.  If you go about 200 yards in the direction of the parkway though you end up in greentree which is actually not in the city ;)

• Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
It's Greentree to me.

My mother said to only say nice things about the dead.  He is dead.  That's nice.

“Posting on GASP Forums is something like talking with an echo.  You don’t get any argument, but you don’t get any results either.” – Robert Heinlein.

James Viel

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
  • Jim
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »
From a map of the city of Pittsburgh, it looks like the hotel is outside the city limits near the Ridgemont neighborhood: http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/cp/maps/ridgemont.html

So, it's not in the city proper, let alone downtown. Though it is only a 5min. drive (15-20min. bus ride) from downtown.

I still don't understand why having a convention downtown is important.

• Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
I still don't understand why having a convention downtown is important.
Without getting into a protracted debate...which really isn't the point here; the "downtown" really isn't the end point of what I am trying to do, in my view...

I had a marketing idea (which didn't work out, for whatever, various reasons..the economy, the election, or just a bad idea), and I also had logistical reasons.  The next convention may not be exactly downtown either.  But I do believe that there should be temporal and spatial separation between my attempts at running a convention and the great, venerable GASP-Con.  I have not yet determined a date and location for the next convention, I am proceeding more carefully this time.  I may later modify the "slogan" as appropriate.

I am determined in what I am trying to do, and I am putting in the risk and work to make it happen.