Author Topic: Mage Knight Miniatures  (Read 3090 times)

gosjims

Mage Knight Miniatures
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
Hey everyone, I just recently came into about 200 Mage Knight miniatures that I have no real use for. I got them for really cheap and realized too late that they are too big for standard D&D battle mats.

I was considering getting a dremel tool to debase them, but most of the minis themselves are too wide to fit on a smaller base, and I don't really like the paint jobs anyway. So because I don't feel like dealing with the headache that is stripping, repainting, and re-basing the handful of them that could be used, or putting them up on ebay, I figured I would see if anyone in the community has any use for them.

I don't know anything about Mage Knight so I don't know if any of these are really rare or anything. There are about 200 minis, some treasure chests and some tokens all in a box, unsorted. Does anyone know if anyone in GASP plays, or know of anyone who would want them? I don't want to give them away just so someone can put them on ebay themselves, but if people would use the minis for gaming or for some other project, I have no problem just handing them over.

assassin of joy

• Press Ganger
  • Regular
  • Protector
  • People with titles are compensating for small.....
Re: Mage Knight Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
How big are the treasure chests?  I have no use for anything else so if someone can use the whole set be my guess but if the chests are within appropriate size they could make good objectives for WM ;)

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
aw, man, hang on to those mighty plastic warriors and play!  Mageknight is one of the finest miniatures games ever...  I could introduce the mechanics (almost) any time for you. 

note to James:  the chests are roughly 1" x .5" and 1" high, the insides are filled by two spindles which have the game stats on them

MK Forever!
Vincent
Classic BattleTech  *  MechWarrior Clix  *  Mage Knight  *  ManO'War  *  A&A Air Force Minis

assassin of joy

• Press Ganger
  • Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »
Well if no one else has any use for them then I'll buy the chests off of you as long as you are relatively reasonable in what you want for them.

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
gosjims, you could sell your treasure chests and still play the standard version of Mage Knight.

the chests are used only in the Dungeon variation of MK

fyi
Classic BattleTech  *  MechWarrior Clix  *  Mage Knight  *  ManO'War  *  A&A Air Force Minis

gosjims

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »
Ehh I am not really interested in learning to play. I got my fill of collectible games back in my Magic:The Gathering days. Combine that with the relatively little amount of time I can commit to gaming in the first place, and well, I'm sure you can figure it out.

There are 6 treasure chests (maybe one more in the box that I missed, don't know), you can just have them if you're going to use them for something.

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
of course I have no idea about your time factors - but the "collectable" tag shouldn't be a consideration, because the game is now out of production and you would be using what you have on hand, not spending/collecting... 

thanks for allowing me to toss in my 2 cents 

If you find no other takers, I'll give them a home to save them from being discarded.  Let me know, I live over in Imperial. 

assassin of joy

• Press Ganger
  • Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
Like I said, give it a few days and see if anyone wants them for their original purpose and if not I'll take the chests.