Author Topic: Conan PBP IC  (Read 169424 times)

monkius

• Regular
  • Protector
Re: Conan PBP IC
« Reply #1035 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
Brude

Brude flicks the blood from his sword at the two cultists and yells "Who wants to be next?  I will crush you beneath my boots and your blood will soak the earth!"  He then swings his sword at cultist #2 trying to kill him as messily as possible.

The Man in Black

• Knight of Disguise - Mark K.
  • Regular
  • Protector
  • Lo que no me mata, me marca más fuerte
« Reply #1036 on: January 15, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »
Krag

Will take one more healing leaf (17 left) and charges to the bad guy in f12, ending in either e12 or f12.

Swinging his mace
"The Man in Black pushed his hood away with the backs of both hands, laughing."
"So! Not an end, but the end of the beginning, eh?"

Doomed Hero

• Regular
  • Citizen
  • Everybody dies. What will you live for?
« Reply #1037 on: January 19, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Frusteeated, Xanos simply continues his ritual practically ignoring the carnage around him.
"I do not know myself, for the moment I start to believe something, I begin to doubt it and I must destroy it again."
- DeSade

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
  • "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #1038 on: January 29, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
Brude viciously swipes at one of the cultists.

(dice clatter - Natural 12!!)

Brude's anger fuels his blade, and he manages to cut directly through the midsection of Cultist #2, and then his blade ends in Cultist #3 with a bloody wet sound.  Cultist #3 takes 10 damage, and is barely standing up.

Dorin (I'm acting as Dorin because I don't want to wait any longer).

Dorin swings as Cultist #9.

(dice clatter)

His weapon smashes the head of one of the cultists down into his rib cage, and the cracking bones either sound like the sound of victory, or disgusting, depending on your point of view.

Rannveig's resolve holds and she swings, but misses her opponent.

Krag munches on some healing herbs and heals the rest of his damage.  He charges and swings at one of the ugly cultists.

(dice clatter)

His swing goes wild, as he seemingly trips on the debris of an old corpse, and he misses.

Xanos strains his will and tries once again to unleash the arcane powers inside him.

(dice clatter).

The light seems to dim, slowly at first, but then more dramatically.  Xanos falls to his knees under the weight of the spell.  The corpses of the cultists start being dragged by some invisible force.  Their body parts snapping and conjoining into four evil looking large forms of hideous mien.  To look at them is to quail in fear, unless you are either stupid or resolved against such palpable evil.

While this is taking place, Xanos crumbles farther to the ground, still muttering arcane words whispered to the void.

The forms lurch towards the remaining cultists much faster than would be expected for things made up from the remains of the dead.  One of them has insects and cockroaches falling out of the mouths of the corpse parts, while another has flies belching forth.  One seems to be bleeding, while another leaves a trail of black vapor behind it, staining the ground black.

The demons clad in the flesh of the dead, make a quick work of the remaining cultists, seeming to suck their souls from their nostrils and mouths, while their clawed hands grasped firmly on the sides of their heads.  Their screams sound like someone falling down an immeasurable distance, as if falling into a well without a bottom.  It is very unsettling...

No one is left alive, except the Hillmen, and they flee on their horses in all directions.  Anywhere is better than this accursed place in their mind.

Damage
Brude 3 out of 16 damage.
Dorin 13 out of 16 damage. (Reduce damage by 1 for Fighter)
Rannveig 9 out of 13 damage.
Xanos 3 damage (from ritual wounds)

The corpse flesh demons turn what must be their faces towards Xanos, and slowly start to walk in his direction.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:41:42 PM by Baron Von Harper »

monkius

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #1039 on: January 29, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
Brude

Watching the demons, Brude circles them and the carnage to make his way next to Xanos.

"Ah, Xanos?  Can you send those demons back into the abyss now?"

The Man in Black

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #1040 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:45 AM »
Krag

Standing beside Rannveig offers her two healing herbs.  To help her regain strength.  He chooses to avert his eyes from the demons.  Ranneveig is much prettier.

Doomed Hero

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #1041 on: January 31, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
Xanos picks himself up, his tattoos and eyes still glowing with power. Metal around him rusts slightly and fires flare. Shadows deepen and blood runs quicker and redder from wounds. He sighs as he looks around. A strange whispering fills the air, like peices of a hundred conversations in an ancient, strange tongue. Xanos nods to one of the four hidious creatures. "Yes, but the current task is finished. Release the flesh. When needed again I will allow you to construct another. The magic has been woven. It will hold. The contract is still upheld."

The four demonic forms disintegrate into steaming piles of blood and meat, four tiny wisps of energy, black, red, yellow and silver, flow back into the bloody spiral on Xanos' chest. His jaw tightens for a moment and his skin ripples as if things beneath tried for a moment to escape before settling.

He walks to where the Eye had fallen, searching the ground for it. Finding it, he takes a shuddering breath and picks it up slowly. "Krag, this is what I have sought. With it your chalice is no more hidden than the sun on a clear day, and my the end of my own burdens are finally more than a distant hope. I thank you all. Let us be gone from this place."
"I do not know myself, for the moment I start to believe something, I begin to doubt it and I must destroy it again."
- DeSade

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
  • "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #1042 on: January 31, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
Xanos learns from The Eye that Krag's Chalice of Ishtar resides in Kazak's Merchant Tent, with lots of wealth to share and spend in whatever town you head to next.  It seems that everyone will probably not have to "work" for a very long time, or at least until you spend it unwisely on wine and women. 

Somehow you all managed to survive the trials and tribulations along the way, and the mission is a glorious success.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:19:59 PM by Baron Von Harper »

The Man in Black

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2011, 09:14:37 AM »
Krag

Krag offers to heal anyone that needs some help to regain strength.   Then when Xanos points out the location of the chalice Krag runs over to Kazak's tent and retrieves Ishtar's chalice.  He then plans to build a altar to Ishtar to cleanse and re-consecrate the chalice after being in Kazak's possession there is no knowing what he might have used it for. 

Krag thinks one night to celebrate,  our success, a day to recover, and then Krag needs to travel back to Tremoss so she can use Ishtar's chalice  in this important ceremony.

Doomed Hero

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
Xanos pays his companions handsomely, as promised. He says goodby to Krag and Hakiem, thanking them for their efforts. The others, he tells he will be traveling north, where the eye points him on the next leg of his journey. Any who wish to follow may, and will live in luxury as long as do, but danger is assured. He seeks the Lost Key of Mu now. Another relic of the ancient past, told only in myths and legends. Finding it will be no easy task, but not even the gods are as tenacious and relentless as Xanos Doom.
- DeSade