Author Topic: D&D PBP IC #2  (Read 71888 times)

Sam T

Re: D&D PBP IC #2
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »
Zarzim confused over how he angered the dwarf and not much cares ...
time to move on and explore the area 

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
Rory bows deeply and doffs his hat.  "I must apologize for the manners of my companion, Zarzim," he says, in his most ingratiating manner.  "His gesture was not intended to show disrespect to you, but rather was to display his contempt for and animosity toward your common enemy, the -" pause - "Theocrat [said in a slightly distasteful manner]."

"As for how to leave the city of Belynar," the bard continues, "there is a descending staircase yonder [points to Building A].  Perhaps, if it would not fatally weaken your company, you might leave a small detachment or legation here in the city, to represent your army's interests.  Several of the other races hereabouts have posted embassies in the city, to monitor the activity of the Royal Roads, and it might serve Your Highness to do the same."

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
  • "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
Ulfgar sighs, but seems to be put at ease by what Rory says.

"We may indeed leave some soldiers here, as a base camp.  I will leave my second in command Rorgast in my stead while we search for our ancient city of Blackflame."

Ulfgar makes a sweeping motion with his hands.

"Rorgast, we will be leaving with the strongest of our warriors, and I will leave you 5 of our number including the new recruit..."

(Ulfgar nods his head to the Dwarf that looks slightly different than the rest of them).

"Find a suitable building, and fortify it.  Post a watch and don't do anything rash while I am away."

He looks back at Rory and Lohut.

"Thanks for your information, and if we do find a way back, we will return and tell you about it, before we leave."

With that Ulfgar splits of 25 of the 30 Dwarves, and heads towards building A.  In a short amount of time, they are gone from sight, heading downwards in hopes of finding a way off of the volcano.

Rorgast takes his 4 other skull painted Dwarves and heads towards building J.  They enter the building in an abrupt and violent manner, and disappear from sight. 

The party is left alone suddenly.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:48:34 PM by Baron Von Harper »

ross451

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »
"These dwarves are quick to act.  Not bad.  OK, now which building were we headed for before we were interupted."

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
"There are 6 buildings in the city that we haven't yet explored - or that someone hasn't taken over as an embassy," says Rory.  "Buildings H and I appear to be mostly rubble, though perhaps they may have something in the basement.  Buildings T and V look like they might be bridges of some sort, or accessways to other parts of the city.  Buildings K and N look like the most promising sites for exploration, and K is the larger of the two, so why don't we start there?"

Sam T

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »
Zarzim will do the same as before ...  and search, hide, and move silent to move around building K,,  scout the exterior of the building and then report back to the group.......   

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »
Zarzim's Search 1 + 12 = 13

Hide 18 + 6 = 24

Move Silently 15 + 5 = 20

Zarzim finds no traps, and hides and moves quietly. 

Building K, has 2 entrances but they are on the 2nd floor.  There are 2 spiral stone staircases that wind their way up to the doors on the upper level.  On the wall below the staircases is a picture of a sunset behind the volcano, but it has faded and flaked off with time.

Sam T

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
zarzim searches the staircase infront of the flaking fresco for traps ...  and then climbs the steps to the enterance and searches there and if no traps sees if the door is locked....     then same with other enterance ...  any windows on the outside ? 

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »
(Rory waits quietly for Zarzim to return from Building K with his scouting report.)

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »
Zarzim search 7 + 12 = 19

(Remember each player can roll their own dice in non combat situations).

He finds no traps on either stone stairway, but both doors are locked, and they seem of really good quality, and newer than the rest of the structure.

(I'm pretty sure Zarzim returns to report at this point).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:00:22 PM by Baron Von Harper »

Sam T

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 08:58:33 AM »
zarzim ( and Thor ) trust the gods when rolling ...  zaraim(i) roll consistantly low

Zarzim heads back ,,,  are there windows on any of the sides?

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
No windows on the building.

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »
Rory suggests that Zarzim have another look at the doors and see if he can get one of the two locks open.  He also suggests that Lohut or Dante accompany Zarzim and provide him with cover in case something nasty is hiding behind the doors.

Meanwhile, Rory approaches the building and examines the fresco to see if there is anything behind it, like a hidden engraving or secret door.

Search roll: 10 + 2 (INT) = 12 [Rory doesn't have the Search skill, so I just added his attribute modifier]

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
When Rory examines the fresco he has to touch it, and when he does, both doors open up, and Rory feels a charge of energy run through him.

He has a sudden image of an Elf (not Schirae) painting the picture and lots of children standing behind him.  The painting is breathtaking and seems to have a 3-D quality to it, as if magic is making the paint seem to come alive for the onlookers.  He jokes and smiles at the children as he works, but Rory can tell there is some dark secret beneath the smile.  Rory also notes that the city of Belynar is full of green life, and looking around the volcano, he sees lots of greens instead of the sterile red sands.

The memory fades from view and he is left standing there looking at the dilapidated painting.

Sam T

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »
zarzim takes a 20 on the open lock on the door above rory fresco .....