Author Topic: D&D PBP IC #2  (Read 71905 times)

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
  • "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
Re: D&D PBP IC #2
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »
Dwarf in Dwarven

"If there is some one, or some unknown force directing the roads we know not who that is.  But that is a dark thought... unless it is gathering us for some unknown benevolent purpose?"

"The Royal Roads have been dead for many generations, having been originally made by the Cyrads and my Dwarven ancestors.  It is a tradition to guard the portals in my Dwarven homelands, and that is how the mages realized they are active again.  Our mages told us they felt power in them again.  We thought that it was a good omen in our fight, an answer to our prayers, but alas, it has proved an ill choice.  My father's kingdom will most likely fall because we have failed."

"In our fight against the human armies invading our lands, it was hoped that we could use an ancient portal behind the enemy lines, and kill the leaders of the army, and the leader of the entire nation.  We knew that the Theocrat was indeed on the field of battle, and if we could kill the God-king we new we could win.  If only the portal could have been used, my kindred would have been saved against such powerful foes.  They outnumbered us 8 to 1...  I fear that my people are now dying, as we speak... but I hope we take many with us as we die."

"Our mission was one that we did not expect to return from.  We have been blessed by MwerKef and expected his cold embrace."

ross451

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
Lohut will relay a summary of what he was told to Rory in common, also knowing the dwarves will understand him.

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »
Rory strokes his chin, lost in thought for a moment.  Then he asks, in the Common tongue, "Prince Ulfgar, could you tell us more of this Theocrat, or of the God-King?  I believe I remember hearing one or the other of those names before."

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »
Memra is the god the Humans worship above all others.  He is said to be a harsh judgmental god.  A god of fire, deserts, and plagues.  They have told us to worship him, in place of our gods, or our lands would be wiped off the face of the world.  We refused, and they have attacked us ever since. 

Their government is a Theocracy, and the Theocrat who was the head of that government and religious life as well, has now proclaimed himself to be possessed by Memra.   This King that claims to be a god, has been very bloodthirsty and has attacked all of their neighboring countries, many successfully.  The fanaticism of the soldiers is very terrible to behold, and they have done much harm to the world.

It was our mission to slay this false deity, but alas we have failed.  And now my people surely die horrible deaths.

Sam T

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 12:13:07 AM »
Zarzim seeing that no attack in the near future ...  Zarmin starts scanning the area for other thing moving ....

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:18 AM »
Rory replies to Prince Ulfgar: "You tell a chilling story, your Highness.  I might mention that we have a companion, Zarzim by name, who was a scout for one of the armies opposing the Theocrat of Memra.  He is, therefore, an ally of yours, or at least an enemy of your enemy.  I believe it would be beneficial for you to meet him, and perhaps to exchange information about the Theocrat and his plans."

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »
"The Theocrat has many enemies, but it is as you say, and enemy of an enemy may be a friend."

"We are a cautious lot, as your Dwarven friend can tell you.  Tell us of this ruined place, and of the high flying creatures you call Gryphons?  Do they hunt you?  Do they taste good?  What do you eat here?" 

He looks out over the sand and desolate ruined places of the world, and looks up behind him towards the summit of the volcano and the clouds above.

"It is here it seems that some of the Dwarves have survived, although we had prepared for the dark embrace of MwerKef."

"It's a shame, I had a bloodlust for killing a deity..."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:15:59 PM by Baron Von Harper »

Sam T

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »
zarzim puts the bow away ....   and continues to look around for movement

Sam T

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
Zarzim walks up th the group and suggest we move on ...   

danichols

• Regular
  • Protector
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »
"Ah, friend Zarzim," says Rory, with a polite smile.  "Prince Ulfgar, may I present our companion, Zarzim, who was a scout for one of the armies opposing the Theocracy of Memra.  Zarzim, I have the honor of introducing you to Prince Ulfgar, dwarven warlord and a fellow foe of the Theocrat."

"As for your questions, your Highness," the bard continues, "this ancient city is named Memra, and its ruins are home to several species of foul creatures: rainbow beetles, kobolds, giants, lizard-men, and the vile Schirae Elves.  The gryphons, however, are intelligent and noble beasts, and are the guardians of this city.  They do not hunt us, and one of them, Arim, has become our friend.  He lives in the domed building yonder" - Rory points to Building C.  "The hall over there" - he points to Building E - "houses a group of human refugees who, like you, were fighting the Theocrat of Memra.  Their leader is General Grayson."

"As for food, we have been given some provisions by diplomats of one of the races which recently visited this city, the Rhona Gnomes.  Some of them may still be in the vicinity. And, if you are hungry now, we would be glad to share some of your supplies with you and your men."

Sam T

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »
Zarzim nodds to the dwarves "the Theocrat"  and spits on the ground.... 
To the group ...  "it be best to team up and explore this place asap...  maybe a dwarf or 2 come with us as they explore else where ?" 

Sir Azarith Stryffe

• Knight of Protecting Innocents
  • Regular
  • Citizen
  • Lord Marshall and First Paladin of Kismet
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:48 AM »
Gets bored just standing against a wall and approaches slowly, non threatening "What's taking so long?  Didn't I say standing around wasn't good for anyone?"
The knight in shining armor, the protector of the weak. I am the shining light in the darkness. The beacon for all those in despair. My name is Azarith, call my name, she will send me.

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
(City's name is actually Belynar, Memra is the Sun God the Theocrat worships).

Ulfgar looks at Zarzim, and shakes his head.

"All the lands surrounding the Theocrat's kingdom have suffered.  Some more than others.  I wish you luck on your travels."

Ulfgar ooking back to Rory (Rory and Lohut seem to think Zarzim angered him some way, though Ulfgar is trying to play it off like he didn't).

"If it is true that we are in Belynar, that ancient city of the Cyrads, then we have come VERY far in the wrong direction.  My people helped build much of this city in ancient times, and if we are in that city... then the ancient Dwarven City of Blackflame must not lie too many miles from this place.  It was abandoned, but perhaps now we can reclaim it...  Interesting.  We will camp here this day and night, but tomorrow we set out to see what we can find away from this dead place."

"Do you know of any way down to the lower levels where we can leave the volcano?"

Sam T

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 07:14:46 AM »
Zarzim walks to where the other are and waits to leave to investigate the town more

Baron Von Harper

• Protector
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »
Ulfgar shakes his head angrily and grumbles something in Dwarven that Lohut barely makes out as, "Why seek for manners among those with no honor?"

Ulfgar backs away 5 steps from Rory and Lohut, spits on the ground, and folds his arms in front of his broad chest.  Two other Dwarves approach but they stay behind Ulfgar.

Rory and Lohut guess that Zarzim has angered them.

He stands there waiting.