Author Topic: New Volunteers Needed  (Read 2409 times)

Knight of the Great White North

• Royal Brewmeister
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
New Volunteers Needed
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »
To All Members of GASP....

We, the Royal Court, are currently seeking 2 to 4 volunteers to help with set up and tear down. The duties for these positions are minimal. They include removal/replacement of terrain foam and tablecloths, separation/replacement of tables, and a few other tasks. The time commitment to this should fall into the 15-30 minute range. Which means that we need you to either show up before 11am or stick around after midnight.

The one thing that is expected is reliability.  As these are going to be semi-permenant positions, we need to be able to count on you to show up when we need you and if you cant make it, give us (any member of the RC) enough notice to get someone in your place. This might not be a position for you if you rely on getting a ride to Games Days from someone else.  Each of the positions will be on a yearly review and we have yet to determine any renumeration as of yet. The suggested titles of these positions are Constables of Cleanliness and/or Construction. Although, you don't have to take the title if you don't want it. But you will probably be called that for a while.

Lastly. We are still going to need regular volunteers every month for set up and tear down. They will be assisting the RC and the "Constables" in the duties relevant to set up and tear down. Lets face it, the more hands on deck for the duties makes it both an easier and a faster job.

If you are interested in one of these positions, please contact one of the following RC Members to submit your name and which time you would prefer.
Don - Da King
Dan - Da Bard
Stan - Guildmaster
Jim - Da Scribe
John - Doctor Doom
Todd - Random
Marty - Royal Brewmaster

Thank You,
Marty
Royal Brewmaster
All I can see is snow and ice.. and there is this growling noise.
 its then when we all come to realize.... "space is a meaningless and cold vacuum that it is.... where truth is relative, God is elusive, and Man is just an insignificant blot of cosmic spittle.."

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • GASPs resident Mad Hatter
Re: New Volunteers Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:49 PM »
I think Ive spoken to Don about this - I'm definitely in for setup in the morning. And I prefer Lord of Filth over Constable of Cleanliness or such, though I understand that the RC wants a more respectable title
Quoteth the Raven, "Nevermore".

"Character background is what happens between Level 1 and 6" - E Gary Gygax

"What the ---? 'Load Ammo Error'. What does that even mean? This is a Wolfhound!" - Battletech: A Time of War

http://enmc-blog.blogspot.com/

Baron Von Harper

• Baron
  • Protector
  • "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
    • My YouTube RPG Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »
I should be starting to stay till the end again.  When I'm there, I try to help set up the RPG rooms and get all the schedules and such set up.  I can help clean up that area as well at the end.  I already have a title though.  :) 

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:28:22 AM »
John (aka Evernevermore) has accepted the position of the set-up volunteer.  We are still looking for someone to be our clean-up volunteer.

One thing that the Royal Brewmaster failed to mention in his post is that if you are accepted as a volunteer, you will receive your Knighthood FREE for that year as a Thank-You for helping the club.

We also need monthly assistants to lend a hand as well.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

The Man in Black

• Knight of Disguise - Mark K.
  • Regular
  • Protector
  • Lo que no me mata, me marca más fuerte
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:56:22 AM »
Just to mess with the RC...

I could help about half the time, since there are about 4-5 months a year with 5 weekends, and I work every other weekend (start 1030 PM)  I could help with cleanup about half the time.  If there is someone who can split this with me that may work ????

Also sometimes I have custody of my 3 kids (1 out of 4 weekends) ends up on the GASP weekend, and my youngest can't sit and game 16 hours, my middle might make it for 8.   I don't see bringing the kids (now almost all teens) to GASP, so that can throw a wrench in my being there on a weekend or two where I am off work.

Man in Black
"The Man in Black pushed his hood away with the backs of both hands, laughing."
"So! Not an end, but the end of the beginning, eh?"

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:57 PM »
Whatever happened with this?

"What the ---? 'Load Ammo Error'. What does that even mean? This is a Wolfhound!" - Battletech: A Time of War

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
Bump - is this still an active position?

Knight of the Great White North

• Royal Brewmeister
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »
will make it a point to bring up during the next RC meeting... stay tuned.. but i would believe so, we are always looking for volunteers...
All I can see is snow and ice.. and there is this growling noise.
 its then when we all come to realize.... "space is a meaningless and cold vacuum that it is.... where truth is relative, God is elusive, and Man is just an insignificant blot of cosmic spittle.."

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Ok - just curious if Ill get my knighthood fee refunded or what since Don said it was in limbo