Author Topic: COSCON will be online in 2021  (Read 1505 times)

Terminalmancer

• Knight
  • Vassal
  • Alex!
COSCON will be online in 2021
« on: December 17, 2020, 10:35:00 AM »
I don't have too much more information on it, yet, but March's circle of swords convention will be taking place online.

Chuck the Castle Merchant

• Charles Phillips, Curmudgeon Apprentice
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
Re: COSCON will be online in 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 12:31:35 PM »
I don't have too much more information on it, yet, but March's circle of swords convention will be taking place online.
So they will be using virtual swords this year.  ;D
My life project:  http://gestaltgenesis-daymillion.net/

My mother said to only say nice things about the dead.  He is dead.  That's nice.

“Posting on GASP Forums is something like talking with an echo.  You don’t get any argument, but you don’t get any results either.” – Robert Heinlein.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »

That's a bummer.  We always miss COSCON due to Cold Wars being around the same time.  But with Cold Wars moving to Ocean City, MD, we were planning on coming up and running some events all weekend at COSCON.  I get the desire to still hold the con virtual, and I hope it works, but it's not great for running miniature games.

Don
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

Terminalmancer

• Knight
  • Vassal
  • Alex!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 03:11:39 PM »
Yeah. We're all champing at the bit to get back and in-person. We all know that things are really rough COVID-wise though, worse than they've been so far, and epidemiologists are thinking that it might peak in February, if it acts like similar viruses.

In the end it's not that we lost out on an in-person convention. The board's opted to run the convention online vs. having nothing at all.  :-\