Author Topic: Marvel Dice Masters  (Read 18530 times)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Re: Marvel Dice Masters
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »
Picked up the uncanny starter under $10 at Half Priced Books.  This seems like a great game for blind draft tournaments, if people stop buying full cases.  ;D

Blind drafts for this are cheap at $1 a booster.  If we start playing consistently, I'd be interested.
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy

DaBard

• Dan Cetorelli - GASPcon Convention Coordinator
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 09:23:07 AM »
Well it looks like the starters and boosters I bought some time back may see the light of day. I would be up for some games, draft or otherwise.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
I'll have my stuff at Games Day, plus some trade bait.

Later,

miteke

• Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
Why are the Avengers vs. X-Men items more expensive than the Uncanny X-men items?
Michael Kelly

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »
I assume by items you mean the secondary market?  AvX was under produced and oversold, so there was/is a feeling the items are harder to find and therefore drive up the price.  The only availability issue I've seen is with the starter sets, as there are plenty of boosters.

DaBard

• Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 08:53:50 AM »
So is there enough interest to do a Rainbow draft at Saturday's Game day? It would have to be in the morning for it to work for me. I could bring a booster box of UXM but would need to know today to have product by games day. We need at least 3 more people interested and it would be 10$ to play. In a rainbow draft you will draft with 12 boosters. You need to bring your own basic dice, action dice, and action cards. Full rules can be found here http://dicemasters.com/rainbowdraft.pdf

Total of six players would be ideal but does work with 4. I am willing to put up 2 packs per player as a prize.

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 09:01:28 AM »
So is there enough interest to do a Rainbow draft at Saturday's Game day? It would have to be in the morning for it to work for me. I could bring a booster box of UXM but would need to know today to have product by games day. We need at least 3 more people interested and it would be 10$ to play. In a rainbow draft you will draft with 12 boosters. You need to bring your own basic dice, action dice, and action cards. Full rules can be found here http://dicemasters.com/rainbowdraft.pdf

Total of six players would be ideal but does work with 4. I am willing to put up 2 packs per player as a prize.

I would love to, but I'll be playing Robotech in the morning, since both Paul and Tom need to leave early.  Plus it sounds like the Kelley's won't get their stuff till Christmas.  How about January?

DaBard

• Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
Sure we will shot for Jan. If you are interested post here so I have an idea of the number of boosters needed.

danb

• Dan B., Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
Would anyone be interested in doing a sealed/constructed tournament at Phantom on 1/3, probably 1:00-5:00?
(What they mean by "sealed/constructed tournament": http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/MDM-Tournament-Formats-v21.pdf)
"The guy with the beard"

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »
Not sure, that's my wife's b-day.  Let me check what our plans are.  I'm interested that just may be a bad day for me personally.

danb

• Dan B., Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
A few other people were having similar "interested, but busy" reactions, so I rescheduled it for the end of the month -- Saturday, 1/31 -- instead.
"The guy with the beard"

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 05:19:46 PM »
A few other people were having similar "interested, but busy" reactions, so I rescheduled it for the end of the month -- Saturday, 1/31 -- instead.

Cool, that works better for me at least.  I did see it as 1/3/15 in the latest PotAlert e-mail blast, so you may want to send out a retraction announcing the reschedule.

Thanks,

Sir Azarith Stryffe

• Knight of Protecting Innocents
  • Regular
  • Citizen
  • Lord Marshall and First Paladin of Kismet
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
If anyone is interested in getting the Avenger's vs X-men, I know New Dimensions comics @ Pittsburgh Mills Mall has a few boxes on their counter of that set, atleast they were there as of Friday. 
The knight in shining armor, the protector of the weak. I am the shining light in the darkness. The beacon for all those in despair. My name is Azarith, call my name, she will send me.

chefguru

• Regular
  • Vassal
  • The Burning Death...
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
I assume people are still playing this, right?  I've recently picked up a couple of sets through some math trades, and wouldn't mind figuring out how to play it / play it better.  I've tried playing a single learning game, which included a lot of referencing the manual to figure stuff out. 

I've got the X-men & AvX  starter sets, and a set of commons & uncommons for X-men. 

I don't have much experience with this type of game, or the whole team building aspect of collectable card games, so I feel like I'm a little bit in over my head. 

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »
Still active. A few people jumped into D&D dice masters recently though. Mechanics are the same. If you are coming to Games Day on the 23rd I'm sure there will be games played.

Later