Author Topic: Theme League 2011  (Read 8964 times)

SilverFirePrime

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
Re: Theme League 2011
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
points only would go towards color of the card.  Say you have a mono-white deck with the exception of a Figure of Destiny (red/white hybrid).  Even though you can pay all white mana for it, you still need to spend a point for the red in it.

If you have an all green deck with a Birds of Paradise, you only need to pay one point for the green.

SilverFirePrime

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
May's theme game - Unstable Magic

When you announce you are playing any spell at any time, you must roll 1 d12.  If you roll a 1 through a 4, the spell 'fizzles' and goes back to your hand.  The spell does not count as if it were played, but your mana remains tapped.  If you are casting an instant and it fizzles, you may try and respond again, provided you have the free mana

You may pay 1 generic in addition to the casting cost of the spell so tha it only 'fizzles' on a 1 or 2, or two generic mana in addition to the casting cost of the spell so that it only fizzles on a 1.  No amount of mana can be spent to guarantee a spell goes off.

Any spell cast via the phrase 'you may play this spell without paying its mana cost' are still held to the rules for fizzling.  If the spell fizzles, it returns to the zone which it originally came from.  In the result of cascade, the spell will be shuffled back into your library

Card restrictions - No Unglued/Unhinged
Deck Size limits - none

Rootwalla

• Regular
  • Vassal
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
quick question:

If I have a non-instant spell fizzle but return to my hand, and I still have enough to play it again, can I attempt to replay the spell or is not un availible until my next turn/phase/game?

SilverFirePrime

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:45 AM »
as long as you have the mana, you can cast it.

Mark Ortego

• Regular
  • Protector
  • G.A.S.P. Member since June 2004
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
So if I play Fizzle in response to another player's spell and it fizzles then the fizzled Fizzle may be played again because it's an instant?
I am killerjoe1962 on Board Game Geek

Mark Ortego

• Regular
  • Protector
  • G.A.S.P. Member since June 2004
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 06:27:42 AM »
Can we do EDH in July?
I am killerjoe1962 on Board Game Geek

SilverFirePrime

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
Here's the remaining theme games for the year:

July - Super Blitz Magic http://www.angelfire.com/games4/magicvariants/Blitz_Super.htm

August - Names from a Hat http://www.angelfire.com/games4/magicvariants/Hat.htm

One clarification for that - when its down to two players, game proceeds like a normal duel

September  - Prismatic Lands - All lands in additional to their regular abilities have 'Tap: Add one Mana of any color to your mana pool'

October -  Commander

December - Deck must be three colors - red/green/white.  Players are playing for a "major award"....provided I can get one

dante0220

• Knight of GASP
  • Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Here's the remaining theme games for the year:

July - Super Blitz Magic http://www.angelfire.com/games4/magicvariants/Blitz_Super.htm

August - Names from a Hat http://www.angelfire.com/games4/magicvariants/Hat.htm

One clarification for that - when its down to two players, game proceeds like a normal duel

September  - Prismatic Lands - All lands in additional to their regular abilities have 'Tap: Add one Mana of any color to your mana pool'

October -  Commander

December - Deck must be three colors - red/green/white.  Players are playing for a "major award"....provided I can get one

ok so for December whats the card limit? minimum of 60 or 75? And if i may offer a suggestion for January, i think we should do an Innistrad themed super blitz game. it could be interesting.

Also as this is my first post or so im Damon, the kid who took out "Killer Joe" and "evernevermore" with that 2 card combo. (Sorin Markov & Sorin's Vengeance)
Alyzza: Fie! I will not speak ill of the damned, lest we meet, & soon.
Martris: Where would the damned meet, if not by the moonlight?
Alyzza: Walk not by the moonlight, m'lord, or risk your soul. There be corpses in the copses, and dimmons by the way-side. On such a night, keep salt & iron at hand.