Author Topic: Introduction Topic  (Read 124305 times)

RX Maverick

• Horrible Knight
  • Regular
  • Citizen
  • I'll play a land and Lotus Petal....
    • eM Profile
Introduction Topic
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
Well I've looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be an introduction thread, so I'll start one...

Nicholas Krall (I normally don't post my last name but you'll find it out in a few weeks anyway)
Nicknames:
RX Maverick is my online name, in person it seems to get confusing, Nick seems popular, but at work Krall is used just as much.  Anyone that met me online first seems to use Maverick, though I've said to use RX (since it's shorter).  So any of the above 4 will get my attention.
Favorite Game:
Magic: The Gathering
Other games you currently play:
GIPF Project Games
Games you have palyed:
Ani-Mayhem, Redemption, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Vampire: the Masquerade

I know there's other info. normally in these kind of topics, but I'm drawing a blank.  I'll just edit this later.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:03:30 PM by RX Maverick »

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Re: Introduction Topic
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »
Good topic, I'll get one going as well.

Nickname(s): Da King; Hey you!; Sarge
Favorite Game: Tough one, as I have quite a few.  If I had to pick just one, it's Battletech.  I've been playing it longer than any other game I own (except D&D), and it still entralls me.
Current Games: D&D (3.5e); CarWars; Lord of the Rings miniatures; Warmachine; Flames of War; Star Wars minis; D&D minis; Star Wars RPG (both d20 and WEG); Dawn Patrol; Warmaster; Poker; Talisman; Totaler Krieg!;
Other Games I've Played: Between RPGs, card games, board games, and miniature games, I've played quite a few - too many to list.  Safe to say if I haven't played it, I'd be interested in trying it out.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

KnightoftheDead

• Curt Collins
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
  • Royal Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »
I've got one too...

Curt Collins
Nicknames:
Curt is a nickname.  Net names include things such as Spleen, CreamOfMeat and UnderwearStains.  I'm also called "YOU BASTARD!" fairly often.
Favorite Game:
Right now, Formula De, but could easily be caylus, or wallenstein.
Other games you currently play:
Reef Encounter, Power Grid, Ticket to Ride, Princes of Florence, Ra, Railroad Tycoon, Puerto Rico, there are many others that I play but I don't feel like listing them all.  This doesn't even cover the PC games I play.
Games you have played:
Things like carcassonne, settlers and the other "classics"  Really, you can almost just look at the "games played" list to see what I've played.  The games I'm willing to play are much larger than that list though.  Have also done RPG's like D&D and shadowrun. 
Top Boardgames
Everdell
Thunder Alley
Inca Empire
Concordia

Reliant

• Slacker
  • Regular
  • Protector
    • www.gaspgamer.com
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 12:14:31 PM »
Jordan Hoover
Nicknames:
Reliant is my online name for just about everything, but I don't know if that counts.  In real life folks just call me by either my first or last name.
Favorite Game:
Warmachine/Hordes at the moment...
Other Games I play:
Bloodbowl, Heroquest, d20 (in various forms), Shadowrun, Star Wars Minis, and whatever else looks interesting at the time.

DaBard

• Dan Cetorelli - GASPcon Convention Coordinator
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 02:15:18 PM »

Nickname(s): DaBard, or you may see me listed places as Rohoe (Don't ask it's a long story)

Favorite Game: Depends on my mood I play them all if I had to pick one GMing any kind of Roleplaying

Current Games: Serenity(role playing), Warmachine, Hordes, looking forward to the Battlestar CCG, and too many Board Games to list.

knight of frost

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 06:35:59 PM »
Nickname(s): Frosty, Harpoon--->, Toolman, Harper, or just plain Tim
Favorite Game: That is a tough one.  I would have to say that HARP (High Adventure Role Playing) is my favorite game right now, followed closely by Avalon Hill's TITAN.
Current Games: D&D (3.5e); World of Firefly RPG  :D, Mystical Empire CCG, Some limited Magic, HARP, and some other card games.
Other Games I've Played: I ussually play a random board game every now and again, and I have learned that if there is a score keeper around the board, I am ussually dead last  ;) .  I sometimes play Middle Earth the Wizards, and Steve and I always talk about playing it again, but we never do, hehe.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:39:50 PM by knight of frost »

Knight of the Great White North

• Royal Brewmeister
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »
Real Name: Marty Miller ..close enough.. dont really care for my first name..
Nick Names: Marty, online its Walrus1 or some variation of that. Why? Because Laura said so. (goes all the way back to college)
Location: Forest Hills Pa (where route 30 meets the Parkway East )
Favorite Game: Hmmmm.. Either D&D 3.5 or Ra.. hard to choose. But if Dan is GMing a game. I am in.
Current Games: D&D 3.5, Dan's Serenity RPG, Ra, Formula de when it gets going, or whatever I seem to get into during games day.
Other Games: So many I can't remember them all. Board and PC and roleplaying are all in there somewhere. And like Tim said, if there is a scoring track I know I will take a lead  :o only to find myself fighting to stay out of last place  ::) .
All I can see is snow and ice.. and there is this growling noise.
 its then when we all come to realize.... "space is a meaningless and cold vacuum that it is.... where truth is relative, God is elusive, and Man is just an insignificant blot of cosmic spittle.."

Yoodle

• Jim Robertson - GASP Scribe
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
  • Gimme somethin' to write on!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »

Nick Names: Yoodle the Noodle, da Scribe

Location: Scott Township (near Greentree, Mt. Lebanon, Upper St. Clair)

How did you hear about GASP?: da King and I formed the club back in 1999 with some help from the Duke and others.  Check out the thread about the History of GASP for a more complete background on the club - http://eonsreach.com/gaspforum/index.php?topic=209.0

Favorite Game: Just one?  I'd have to go with D&D v3.5 then... it got me into gaming, and I've been playing it ever since.

Other Games: D&D v3.5, Classic Car Wars, Classic Battletech, Dawn Patrol, Battleground WWII, Formula De, History of the World, Blood Bowl, Squad Leader, Any of those Euro Board Games (Carcassone, Settlers, Ticket to Ride, Railroad Tycoon, Caylus, Power Grid, Samurai, Puerto Rico, Tikal, Wallenstein, etc.), Robo Rally, Magic: the Gathering, Axis & Allies, Samurai Swords, Attack!, Risk, etc.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:07:50 AM by Yoodle »
Favorite Games:
* Board: Dominion, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride
* RPG: D&D v5.0
* War: Dawn Patrol

Youngbeard

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »

Nick Names: youngbeard, Chris, Shef, Beard, Christof, Christoforo... I have been called other things, too, I am sure.

Favorite Game: Magic: The Gathering.  At least, it is the game I've spent the most time, money, and braincells playing.

Other Games:
RPGs- D&D v3.x, D20 Modern, Cyberpunk, Robotech, plus a few others
Board- Anything fun... Too numerous to list them all.  Recently played: Ticket to Ride, Robo Rally, Drakon, Lunar Rails, ....
MMOG: Planetside, Eve Online, Jumpgate
Minis: They look neat... Must... resist.. another expensive hobby....

How did I hear about GASP?  Went to Gasp CON in 2004 and was instantly hooked.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:25:08 AM by Youngbeard »

Yoodle

• Jim Robertson - GASP Scribe
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
  • Gimme somethin' to write on!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 09:52:08 AM »
First off, welcome to all our new members!  Hope you all will enjoy your time with GASP.

Second, I have added another field to my Introduction, "How did you hear about GASP?"  I thought it would be helpful for us to know what's working and what's not as far as getting the word out about GASP.
Favorite Games:
* Board: Dominion, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride
* RPG: D&D v5.0
* War: Dawn Patrol

Ashkettle

• Regular
  • Protector
  • Rick Ashkettle
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
I guess I'll introduce myself...

Favorite Game: Hordes of the Things, Mechwarrior Clicks

Other Games: Miniature Wargames (Warhammer, 40K) Interested in checking out Warmachine and Hordes.
Also, I love anything mech.

Additional Notes: I will be out of town for this May's Game Day, but I'm planning on making the next one.
I haven't really played anything in a couple years, but I'm anxious to get back into things again.

Mark Ortego

• Regular
  • Protector
  • G.A.S.P. Member since June 2004
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 08:00:51 AM »
Name: Mark Ortego

Internet Forums Name: Killer Joe or KJ (Killer Joe is the name of a Benny Golson jazz tune I like)

School: Duquesne University 1994

Favorite Game: Magic: The Gathering

Other games I like: Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Texas Hold 'em, Samauri.

How I heard about G.A.S.P.: Internet! I was looking for additional places to play Magic when I ran across a website for the now defunct game store in Dormont called "Main Event". A link was provided which eventually lead me to the GASP link.

Comments: It's true; I am competitive in nature but I totally enjoy playing any game win or lose. I love to *smack-talk* which has gained me a reputation of being, um, how shall I say, arrogant? Maybe.  ;)

GASP member since June 2004
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:46:57 PM by KJ »
I am killerjoe1962 on Board Game Geek

Guildmaster

• Guildmaster
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
Welcome to all of the new members (especially the boardgamers  ;D). Hope to see you soon at a Games Day.

I guess that I should participate in the Intro topic too.

Nicknames: Stasiu, Stas (pronounced Stush)
Favorite Game(s): Maharaja, Wallenstein, El Grande, Ra
Other games you currently play as often as possible: Power Grid, Reef Encounter, Warmachine, Caylus
How did you learn of GASP?: Check this thread here.
BGG profile: Stas
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:01:40 PM by Guildmaster »
Reading: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
Favorite Boardgames: Brass, Twilight Struggle, Through the Ages, Goa, Dominion, Planet Steam, Russian Railroads, Die Macher, Castles of Burgundy
Best "New to Me" game played in 2015: Aquasphere

Redbeardin84

• Regular
  • Citizen
  • Watching Washington County closely
    • My BGG.Com Profile can be viewed by clicking here.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 12:40:36 AM »
Real Name: Andrew Welsbacher (don't bother to remember that name, you'll see why)

Nicknames: Redbeard -- in all situations.  Everyone always calls me that.  Online I'm usually  Redbeardin84  (like on BGG, yahoo IM, and here) or Nightbreeze

Age: I'll be 30 soon enough to just begin getting used to the idea right now.

Location: Eighty Four, PA (just on the Washington side of McMurray.  Perhaps you've seen our lumberyards and highway exits around.)  Takes 15-20 minutes to South Hills Village

How did you hear about GASP?:  Well, Dan C. told me about it back when I played A Game of Thrones CCG (poorly) in shops all over the place. but I didn't pay attention to him very well.  Then the Geek had a bunch of topics and Geeklists on the matter in the last few months and it jogged my memory enough to sign up for the newsletter.  Then Curt has dropped me a couple of Emails lately as well.  I've been watching what's going on website-wise for about a month or two.  I was putting off my introduction until I managed to show up in person for a game day, but I found some time tonight and figured there's not much better for me to do anyways.

Favorite Game: These days it's the FFG version of Fury of Dracula

Other Games:  Just learned Settlers of Catan and Bohnanza, an I've been logging a lot of Arkham Horror.  Just began learning Chess during this last year.  I may have a degree in something else, but my real major in undergrad was Bid 500, Pinochle, Hearts, and Spades

I think I've rated everything I can ever remember playing over my lifetime on "the Geek".  Here's the link to my profile over there if you need something to read that might put you to sleep. . . 
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Redbeardin84  It also tells a little more about my general interests and gaming experience than I am willing to type at the moment.

I'm looking to check out a game day soon.  Almost made May , but life got in the way.  I wish I could bring the games I've been playing lately, but I don't own a lot of them.  I'm no expert at all; I only began picking up boardgames in the last five months.  I have a mental list of games that I hope to try out, and I'm always curious enough to learn a new game.  You will sure know it's me when I find time to show up.  I sometimes walk with the help of a black cane.  I might have red hair and a beard as well. 

Know some folks up in Erie that are curious about what I find.  I can't afford the big, out of state conventions this year, so maybe gamedays and trips north will satisfy my game traveling itch.

Dan C. can decide if I'm a jerk.   He seemed like a good guy by me, and I trust his judgement.  ;)

So I guess that's a howdy from me.  Hope to drop by soon.
All of your troubles in your lifetime will have one thing in common: That you are somehow involved in all of them, and perhaps for some, this is the problem in whole.  -- Andrew Welsbacher

KnightoftheDead

• Curt Collins
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
  • Royal Constable
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 07:50:54 AM »
Don't forget that a few of us have rather large game collections.  Go to the boardgame section and request any games you don't have that you would like to play.  If I have it, I will make sure to bring it.  It's also a good way to get a game together beforehand. 
Top Boardgames
Everdell
Thunder Alley
Inca Empire
Concordia