Author Topic: Anima Tactics demo'd at GENCON  (Read 19613 times)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Re: Anima Tactics demo'd at GENCON
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
I'm interested in seeing the new rulebook.  How much is changed from the current ruleset? 

If you count the two web addendums they released I don't believe much will change.  There are some additions, clarifications and tweaks.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »
Also, there will be additional game types, some of which we tried out at the GENCON tournament. Obviously, there will be fluff and stuff which if you like that sort of thing (which I am one of those), there should be plenty there. Also, there will be some special attention given to each faction and they should have all the characters from Saga 1 and Saga 2 represented with a full page listing their abilities.
"They don't like it when you shoot at them. I figured that out myself" - Sgt Mal Reynolds

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk" - Tuco

I'm in the blog-o-sphere! Check me out at dropshipinbound.blogspot.com

Ashkettle

• Regular
  • Protector
  • Rick Ashkettle
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »
Oh, I'm most likely going to buy it.  I was just curious how much the rules were going to change. 

Grim

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »
one of the main reasons I have been very "Meh" on anima tactics was the lack of a real rulebook and fluff.  I can't get into a game if I don't like the fluff.  Is this book ever going to come out?

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »
one of the main reasons I have been very "Meh" on anima tactics was the lack of a real rulebook and fluff.  I can't get into a game if I don't like the fluff.  Is this book ever going to come out?

I'm not big on fluff, and it is almost never the reason I buy into a game.  I prefer the mechanics first, then quality minis second.

The reason I really like Anima is the depth of the gameplay.  It's really about resource management, with the resource being the action points you have each round.  To give a similarity, it's like a bunch of Warcasters from Warmachine battling it out, spending and regaining focus each round.

Action points are you life blood in Anima.  If you spend them all for attacks, you have nothing to defend with, and quickly die.  The key to the game is forcing you opponent to spend his points on your terms.  It's really a balance between offense and defense.

You really want to weardown your opponent's models before going in for the kill.  The first to strike is not always the one that wins.  More often than not, I will yield initiative during a round, to force my opponent to make the first move.

There really aren't any killer combos that I can think of.  There are synergies between characters' abilities, but I would expect that in any quality game.  If not, it really feels like a bunch of individuals fighting, and why take more than 1 model per side then?

The minis are fantastic.  Very slender and well sculpted.  They feel much more proportional than other minis.  They are a beast to assemble and paint though, but the end results are fantastic.

The rulebook is coming out very soon, the latest being February.  It is being released in Europe this month, but they always get their releases for the game before the US market (being a foreign company).  I saw a preview copy at GENCON this year, and the artwork is great, and the book should be a good buy.

Later,

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
Not to mention they are fantastic minis that don't cost a ton of money as well. Honestly, I've seen very few games that put these mini's to shame. I know when the Legacy of Solomon mini comes out for Wissenschaft, I will be first in line.

Been thinking about going Empire for my next army. The additions of Yuri and Griever and the Imperial Agent seem interesting. That and I might be getting a summoner soon. Not sure which one I want to get though. Genma looks interesting, as does Belith. Also thought about just using Ophiel and having him summon a Dark creature (probably the lord of darkness).  Thoughts?

"They don't like it when you shoot at them. I figured that out myself" - Sgt Mal Reynolds

Grim

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »
i've played it.  a few of the guys here are into it.  I found it to be very beer & chips honestly.

The minis are laughable though.  We call it "Women Wearing Floss".

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
Just received word from Bill at Legions that if everything goes according to 'plan', he'll have the rulebook next Wednesday (30th).

Not sure what the 'plan' is or what happens if the 'plan' is FUBAR. :)

Thanks,

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2009, 01:11:38 AM »
When I was in there yesterday, it looks like he was planning on how many he was going to order from his distributors. Hopefully they'll be enough when I get back after New Years!

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:43 AM »
When I was in there yesterday, it looks like he was planning on how many he was going to order from his distributors. Hopefully they'll be enough when I get back after New Years!

You may want to have him hold one for you.

Later,

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »
I'll put in a call next monday to Bill and make sure he holds one with me. Gotta start building up my Empire force. That, and painting the rest of my Samael force.