Author Topic: Be a Board Game Evangelist!  (Read 2706 times)

danb

• Dan B., Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
Be a Board Game Evangelist!
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
This year we'd like to expand the idea of game demos to include your favorite games!

What we need from you: You sign up to show people how to play games. During your shift, you'll pick 5-10 games (or more, or fewer) that you know how to play (literally, as in pull them out of the library and make a pile). Then people who are interested in trying any of those games will be able to sign up to play any of those games. Once a game has enough players signed up, you set up the game, explain how to play, and get the group started on the game. (You can play if you'd like and if time allows, but please don't leave other games/groups waiting for you to finish playing.)

What you'll provide for GASPcon: a way for people to meet new people, find new gaming groups, and try new games. Plus you get to push your favorite games on new people!

What GASPcon will provide for you: Volunteering during the con can result in a refund of all or part of the admission fee. If you volunteer for four hours, you will get a refund of half of the admission fee. If you volunteer for eight hours, you will get a refund of all of the admission fee. (Volunteer hours can be split between different roles -- you don't have to spend four (or eight) hours just teaching games.)

If you're interested, please either post here (please include when you'd like to volunteer and maybe a list of what games you'd like to teach) or send me a message. Thanks!
"The guy with the beard"

Chuck the Castle Merchant

• Charles Phillips, Curmudgeon Apprentice
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • Sir Chuck!
Re: Be a Board Game Evangelist!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
I thought you meant to have the board gamers evangelize against RPG players!  ;D

On a more serious note, I think "board game ambassador" would be better.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:27:05 PM by Chuck the Castle Merchant »
My life project:  http://gestaltgenesis-daymillion.net/

My mother said to only say nice things about the dead.  He is dead.  That's nice.

“Posting on GASP Forums is something like talking with an echo.  You don’t get any argument, but you don’t get any results either.” – Robert Heinlein.

patton4014

• Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:40 PM »
We may want to call KDKA so they can come down and see the evangelizing......
Flash Gordon: Biro's hit! I'm going in after him!
Prince Vultan: Grrrr! Impetuous boy!
Prince Vultan: Ah, well; who wants to live forever? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Prince Vultan: [to the Hawkmen] DIVE!

Unicorn

• Regular
  • Peasant
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Gonna have to disagree with Chuck, and go with the Evangelist idea. I always promote board gaming and this is right up my alley. If I am not in a game and a newbie is wanting to try something, I'll be able to help her out, or point him in somebody's direction who plays that genre.

danb

• Dan B., Knight of GASP
  • Knight
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 08:59:49 PM »
Always good to have an Unicorn around!

(I'm not sure if Guy Kawasaki was really the first to use "evangelist" in this kind of way (see http://guykawasaki.com/the-art-of-evangelism/) but he was the first person I remember using it. So yeah, "evangelist".)
"The guy with the beard"