Author Topic: Any Pokemon players?  (Read 2186 times)

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Any Pokemon players?
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
So my youngest has just started to actually play the game instead of collecting the cards.  He still needs some help reading text-heavy cards, but he gets the gist of the game and is getting better.

He's almost 7, and he wants to come to Games Day to play (I think more to hang out with Dad :) ). 

Does anyone or your kids play Pokemon?  Would you/them be up for a few games on Saturday? 

I'll be there to help him read the cards, but he makes all the decisions on which cards to play, good or bad.  He's Ok with losing as well, but he does like to taunt a bit when he's winning ("Oh yea" and "Take that" kinda stuff).  All in all he's a good sport.

If not, then we'll just keep playing at home between us.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:10:20 PM by Da King »
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy
---------------------------------------------

Yoodle

• Jim Robertson - GASP Scribe
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
  • Gimme somethin' to write on!
Re: Any Pokemon players?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »
I've been wondering if Kieran would be interested in this at all.  Is Liam still playing?  If so, maybe we could try to get together sometime and see if he would be interested (outside of game day).  So far, Kieran only likes simpler games (Uno, Apples to Apples, classic board games), but he does have some interest in Pokémon, so maybe that could spark some interest.

Let me know if you want to give it a try sometime.
Favorite Games:
* Board: Dominion, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride
* RPG: D&D v5.0
* War: Dawn Patrol