Author Topic: Battletech CCG  (Read 29152 times)

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
Battletech CCG
« on: June 09, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »
The Battletech CCG

Anyone play this game? 
Being into BT, I collected most of the cards, but hardly played it. 

I know it's like Magic-for-Dummies, but anyone interested in a game or two?

Classic BattleTech  *  MechWarrior Clix  *  Mage Knight  *  ManO'War  *  A&A Air Force Minis

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
Re: Battletech CCG
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »
The Bard actually just received his cards, and posted a message about play at Games Day this weekend.  If you're unavailable, send him a PM to get together another time.  I know he is excited about the game.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------
GASP King and All-Around Cool Guy

Guildmaster

• Guildmaster
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »
The Bard actually just received his cards, and posted a message about play at Games Day this weekend.  If you're unavailable, send him a PM to get together another time.  I know he is excited about the game.

I believe that you've confused Battletech with Battlestar Galactica.
Reading: A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
Favorite Boardgames: Brass, Twilight Struggle, Through the Ages, Goa, Dominion, Planet Steam, Russian Railroads, Die Macher, Castles of Burgundy
Best "New to Me" game played in 2015: Aquasphere

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »

I believe that you've confused Battletech with Battlestar Galactica.

Why, yes I am  :-[

If it's Battletech, then I'm the person to speak with.  I have quite an extensive collection of the CCG, as well as the miniature and RPG game.

I have yet to find another CCG player for the game, so welcome aboard.  And technically it's not a CCG anymore, since I believe the game is out of print.  It's more like an ECG (e-bay card game).

Thanks,

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »
I'm thinking of joining up on Fri.
I'll bring some cards so if any time is available we can try it out, 
if not then some other time...

Classic BattleTech  *  MechWarrior Clix  *  Mage Knight  *  ManO'War  *  A&A Air Force Minis

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:08:01 PM »
Thread revived due to current interest. 

Re: Play Date

Games Day is better for me, but what are the hours at Legions in their new location?

Da King

• GASP King
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • GASP
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
Thread revived due to current interest. 

Re: Play Date

Games Day is better for me, but what are the hours at Legions in their new location?

Here's what is listed on their website.

Hours
Monday Thru Friday
12:00 to 10:00
Saturday
11:00 to 10:00
Sunday
1:00 to 6:00

I believe the Sunday hours are till 8pm though.  I'll contact the store and see if they'll update the website.

Thanks,

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
While I might not have an "extensive" collection of the cards, I definitely have the hankering to pull them out again and use'em. Have to see about finding some of my old deck builds. Name the time and place and I'll come.
"They don't like it when you shoot at them. I figured that out myself" - Sgt Mal Reynolds

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk" - Tuco

I'm in the blog-o-sphere! Check me out at dropshipinbound.blogspot.com

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
  • GASPs resident Mad Hatter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
Saturdays and Gamesdays arent good for me because Im book at Gamesday and most saturdays. Otherwise Im good to play.

Do we want to pool together some of our cards into a draft format or some other restrictions on decks?
Quoteth the Raven, "Nevermore".

"Character background is what happens between Level 1 and 6" - E Gary Gygax

"What the ---? 'Load Ammo Error'. What does that even mean? This is a Wolfhound!" - Battletech: A Time of War

http://enmc-blog.blogspot.com/

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »
Sundays should be good with me too, but in that case why wouldn't we play a minis battle? 

Weekday evenings, not bad since they stay open til 10.  giving me about 3 hours to play because I'd be getting there at about 6:45. 

I'm not at all familiar with a draft format style of play. 
Restrictions I know of are: 60 cards and no more than 4 of any card except Resources. 

:-\

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
Far as I know, restrictions are 60 card (max) decks. As for the other restrictions, might be worth some digging into see what the last set of restrictions they put on the game was. I vaguely remember the no more than four of any card rule. I think that was envisioned as a way to limit vehicle decks. Do we want to revive the old banned list? i.e. Dasher D's, Nightsky's, Improved Dmg, etc.?
"They don't like it when you shoot at them. I figured that out myself" - Sgt Mal Reynolds

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »
Im thinking keeping away from all Dasher Decks that win in 2 turns extra.

Draft I was talking about is having everyone pony up some cards that go into a pool. Then we draw out double the number of players in cards and go around the table selecting cards. The idea is to make the decks relatively fair and balanced. A variation that might go over better is everyone has say 5 or 10 cards they pull from thier collections and the remainder of the deck is put into the pool. That way you can do a themed deck. The reason I keep suggesting a pool is the simple fact Ive got alot of cards I dont use and dont see myself using anytime soon. I'd rather trade them in for a chance at something different as it should make for a more challenging game/league.

"What the ---? 'Load Ammo Error'. What does that even mean? This is a Wolfhound!" - Battletech: A Time of War

VPCtek

• Regular
  • Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
Sure, if there is a banned list, I'll build accordingly.
Dang, I can't believe there's a deck that wins in two turns ...   ???

As for drafting, I guess I could do it at some point, but as of now I'm not organised enough to know which cards are expendable from my collection to "pony up".  You guys go ahead with it though.

I've really only played a few times and still consider myself in the learning phase.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:12:04 PM by VPCtek »

Evernevermore

• Knight of Misfortune
  • Knight
  • Protector
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »
There were some decks with the clans built around the Dasher, especially the Dasher D, that could win before the opponent had fielded a mech. (Been there and had it done by my brother).

We should probably plan for a couple sessions of "here's how its played" and it will also serve to show off some cards.

Tioch

• Royal Seneschal
  • Royal Court
  • Protector
    • Dropship Inbound
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm game for the whole draft idea. I mean, I suppose I have cards I could part with, but I think I'd have to see if everyone would be game for it.

As for the banned list, I'd have to dig through the internets and see if I can find an old post or something that has the list of banned stuff. I mean, it realistically only affected a few cards and penalized things like Dasher decks (the Dasher D was the first mech to be banned), but I was just asking what you guys thought of it. Deck building rules should still apply. I was re-reading the commander's edition rules (last rule set I know of) and it had things like no more than 10 vehicles/battle armor and I think it had a restriction on how many of any type of card in the deck. I'll have to look them over again.

I'd agree that some "refresh" sessions would be cool.